Thought you might find this one interesting!!! Hopefully you can get on the blog below. I heard about this Visalia Blog last fall when we visited with Aunt Kathryn and Uncle Harvey. Harvey is quite the historian himself!
If you enjoy the blog, sign yourself up! Terry Ommen (histerry@comcast.net or (559) 901-3227) is the person who has become quite the Visalia historian and adds to the blog every couple of weeks or so. It is always an interesting read. He mentioned a copy of a diary he had gotten about the Hudgins Wagon train in one of his blogs a month or two ago and knowing that the Wingfields probably came over in that wagon train I wrote to him and asked for a copy. It is a fun little read! It was written many years after the wagon train came across. It doesn't mention the Wingfield brothers but does their sister Elizabeth (Tatman), our direct line, she was the only female in the group and at that time was married to a Harrison. Anyway, I went on line to see if I could find more information on this wagon train and actually found the diary on line! If your interested let me know and I'll find the link and send
it to you.
Enjoy the read! Love, Jill
www.visaliahistory.blogspot.
No comments:
Post a Comment