Here is what is written on the back of this postcard:Capitol Theatre Yakima, Washington
Originally built in 1920, the Capitol burned to the ground in 1975. Rebuilt by the community and dubbed "Yakima's Jewel Box", the Capitol Theatre is now a fully restored 1,500 seat vaudeville house presenting over 100 events every year. (Photo by Ken Vermillion - inside
photo courtesy of Capitol Theatre.)
In late May 2010 I sent this postcard to Aunt Carol and Uncle Fred and make some comment that this card would probably bring back some memories or some such note. Aunt Carol
emailed the following back upon receipt of the card:
4 June 2010
Hi Jill,
Thanks for the post card and yes both Fred and I remember that theater well. I think it is on South third street on the east side. It used to be next door to the post office. Don't know if the post office is still in that spot or not.
My grandfather Riendeau used to take your mom and I to vaudeville shows there. It was fun. I didn't remember that it had burned to the ground. We were living in Alderwood Manor at that time.
Thanks for thinking of us.
Love, Aunt Carol
Enjoy! Jill 13 June 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment