Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lunch anyone!?!

Just a quick story Aunt Kathryn told me while visiting her in Visalia, CA this past April 2010.
I came home and asked Dad about it!

Dad and Aunt Kathryn's mom, Velma, would make them sandwiches for their school lunches from dinner leftovers. One stands out more than others, it being the 'Mashed Potatoes on a Biscuit' sandwich! Aunt Kathryn said her mom would slice the biscuit (not sure if it was just a baking soda biscuit or a yeast raised one - from Dad's comments I vote the baking soda kind!) then using leftover cold mashed potatoes she would spread them on the biscuit and add a little salt and pepper and there you have it, a sandwich for lunch! Something to eat but I don't think Aunt Kathryn was real fond of them! Dad was not fond of them! He said it would stick all the way down his throat! Even the biscuits by themselves would stick going down! He said to get them to go down they needed to be drenched in a lot of honey or some such!

Sounds like a 'No' vote for 'Mashed Potato Sandwiches'!
Jill

No comments: